Wareroom Demo is a small demonstration application that implements the complete AppleScript Standard Suite (plus a few custom commands) in a Core Data application. It is intended to demonstrate a variety of techniques for making any Cocoa application scriptable using Cocoa Scripting, but with particular focus on some special techniques that are needed to make a Core Data application scriptable. It is written for Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger or newer. (Note that more recent versions of Apple’s Cocoa frameworks provide easier techniques for accomplishing some of these tasks.)
The complete distribution package includes these items:
- The Wareroom Demo 1.0b3 Overview document, which summarizes the objectives and implementation of the project.
- The Wareroom Demo 1.0b3 Changes document, which details changes from version 1.0b2. Even without version 1.0b2, this document may contain some useful information.
- The Wareroom Demo 1.0b3 Source, containing an Xcode project together with all source files.
- The Wareroom Demo 1.0b3 application, compiled and ready to run.
- A great many Wareroom Demo 1.0b3 Scripts, which exercise virtually all of Wareroom Demo’s AppleScript commands.
- A Wareroom Demo Test Document, which you can open in Wareroom Demo to see how it works.
There is no separate documentation for Wareroom Demo, apart from the Overview and Changes document. However, both the header files and the source files in the Source project are very heavily commented. You are urged to read the comments, because they contain most of the information that will hopefully appear some day in an article.
Wareroom Demo requires Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger or newer. As built, it is a PowerPC application and therefore will not run on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or newer.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, version 3.0.
Apple Training Series: AppleScript 1-2-3